Need your cup of coffee in the morning to wake up for work? No problem!!! This smoothie combines your favorite coffee with bits of protein for a delicious, filling, and healthier alternative.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 large smoothie
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup chilled coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons of organic fair trade cacao nibs depending on your preference
- 2 tablespoons of ground hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup cashews (about 20 nuts) soaked in water for at least 6 hours
The night before, brew your coffee and place in fridge. Add your raw cashews to a bowl and cover them with water. Allow to soak overnight.
The next morning, add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Pour in a glass and enjoy!
For these and other delicious protein smoothies visit: